Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Year Gone

Looking back, quite a bit has occurred in 2010:

  1. I lost the job I had since junior/senior year of high school - I was getting close to having worked there for 5 years.
  2. I lost 2 members of my family whom, as practitioners of Christian Science, I have little hope of seeing in heaven.  I still hold on to hope of a death bed salvation, but it is little more than a slight hope...
  3. I passed both semesters of nursing, leaving me with just one more left until graduation. 
  4. While the loss of my job was far from pleasant it has opened a few doors: aiding friends, having extra study time that would have been an impossibility working retail, and learning medical transcription
  5. I gained a wonderful boyfriend who is strong in the Lord and a faithful witness
  6. I ran the crafts program of my church's VBS program and have taught Sunday School for almost 2 years now.
This new year will be interesting to be sure as it comes time to take the NCLEX and find a nursing job in a market that while in need, is not hiring.  Hopefully I will be able to do a type of job shadowing of the children's director this year as well - she welcomes the idea, my prospective schedule of job searching is not so courteous.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your loss of employment. At the same time, it sounds like you have reached out to others and they are emotionally supporting you. There are wonderful people in this world and given a chance they will help when they can. I noted that your parents were practitioners of Christian Science, which I understand to mean they were students of Christian Science. I'm a Christian Science practitioner and I am devoting my full time to helping others through prayer. Christian Science has been a strong support to me and has provided for me and family a successful life experience. Because Christian Science has been so inspiring to me I reach out to others to help them if I can. It sounds like your life is moving forward in an orderly manner -- school, profession and boyfriend. I have spent most of my professional life as a superintendent of schools--working with children in an educational setting. I hope you enjoy your shadowing experience as much as I did my work with young people. Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts. Don

    ReplyDelete