Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Homemaker's Journal: Winter

Today’s Journal is all about Winter and what you do to make your home warm, inviting, comfortable and the things you struggle with in the Winter.
In my Winter Kitchen…
Stews and chili make regular appearances once the Christmas leftovers have left the scene.  The oven becomes a mini heater for the kitchen, making it a tad cozy when washing the dishes.
The hardest part about Winter for my household is ….
Staying warm...  While the house has a lovely wood stove that is quite capable of heating a house a good deal larger than this one it stays unlit until the evening - the wood costs less than electric but don't want to waste what we have either.
My favorite Winter time meal is….
My "Turn or Burn" chili with red velvet cake covered in cream cheese icing and crushed strawberries for dessert.

I Do/Do Not (choose one) tend to be depressed in the Winter…..

I do not tend to be depressed in the Winter: I love cold weather and the snow, whenever it actually does snow.
A favorite Winter time activity my family enjoys is ….
Playing games with my family would top the list along with watching a good movie or two.
To help my home look and feel inviting in the Winter….
There are fleece blankets on the chairs to curl up under and in the evening a fire going in the wood stove.
How I dress to stay warm ……
Layers are my friend to stay warm along with my fleece lined skirt, wool chemise, and turtlenecks. 
One really important health rule for the Winter time I’d like to share ….
Drinking water is essential during the winter - the dryness of the air will dehydrate you, not just your skin.


1 comment:

  1. What a nice blog. Following you over from Sylvia's.

    ReplyDelete